Whaa…? Another tag post? I know, I know, I’m going up in the world (well… I wish!).
Thank you so much to Shreya over at Bookwormtopia for nominating me for this post! I’ve been following her for a while now and I really love her reviews (I recommend the one she did recently, on Sapiens: A Brief History of Mankind) as well as all of her poetry and rant pieces that she does – there’s nothing to lose and everything to gain from giving her blog a read!
The Liebster Award is an award where bloggers nominate other bloggers to show the respect they have for their work and dedication. I’m really not dedicated to this blog, but I’m not going to question it. I love these things too much. And it’s showing appreciation to your favourite bloggers in the (massive) blog community – and let others know about their awesomeness as well!
There are some rules for the Liebster Award…
- Write about it on your blog and thank the person who nominated you, write about their blog too (check! Thank you again Shreya!)
- Display the award on your blog. (I’ll have a go, but I’m terrible at IT – but there will always be this post, even if I can’t figure out how to display an award)
- Nominate 5 or 10 blogs which you feel deserve it. (I might be able to squeeze 5 out of my mind…)
- Let the nominees know that you nominated them.
These are the questions Shreya set me!
1. If you were stranded on an island, which book would you have with you (clichéd, but couldn’t help)?
Probably a pretty large book, maybe Game of Thrones or IT, or an old favourite, like Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
2. If you had a time machine/turner, where would you go?
Ooooh… This is a really hard question for me! Probably the Minoan civilisation, in the thousandth century BC or so. I’m studying that civilisation at the moment, and it’s such a sketchy part of world history that we could do with someone going back in time and finding out what it was like!
3. What is your message to a person who thinks books are for ‘boring, nerdy’ people (you’re allowed to be candid and rude)?
We may be “boring” and “nerdy”, but we have travelled to a million more places than you ever will, we’ve walked in a million more people’s footsteps and understood the lives of people around the world and throughout history. Now, can you do that with a TV???
4. Are you more of a social butterfly or a little bit introverted?
I’m a massive introvert, I don’t really get out much (other than for places I have to go to, such as school and work) and I’m terrible with social interactions. I’m happy at home, curled up with a book or watching food videos on YouTube 🙂
5. Favourite song on your playlist now.
I’m a massive music nerd, so this is… Hard, to say the least. I’m thinking Crossfire, by Brandon Flowers? Either that or Thunder by Imagine Dragons. Those are both amazing songs that I’ve listened to a lot recently, and I haven’t played them to death quite yet, haha!
6. One dream spot you would like to visit (can be fictional too).
Probably something super nerdy, like Skara Brae on the Orkney islands, which is a Neolithic settlement where all the buildings have survived! Either that or the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
7. Your comfort food.
Nachos. Hands down. I had amazing nachos yesterday, with deep fried tortilla chips, amazing guacamole, refried beans, jalapenos, masses of melted cheese… Sorry, did I make you hungry?
8. Favourite ice-cream flavour : D
Ben and Jerry’s Baked Alaska. All the way. Forever.
9. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
10. Your favourite joke.
All of my favourite jokes are too edgy to be relayed in polite company so have this PG rated banger:
Doctor doctor, I feel like a pair of curtains!
Pull yourself together!
I honestly still don’t have many people to nominate, I don’t get out on the blogosphere as much as I should, and talking to people is a bit intimidating for me (although I’m sure you’re all lovely).
There is absolutely no obligation to do this at all – and if you want to do this, consider yourself wholeheartedly tagged. Tag me in your post so I can see your answers! And let me know if you’re doing it too, I want to make 2018 the year of me expanding the people I know in the blogosphere!
1) What is the name of your favourite playlist at the moment?
2) What’s your favourite food?
3) Do you have a favourite poem? If so, what is it?
4) If you had to write an essay on ANY book, which book would you pick to write it on?
5) Which country would you most want to visit in the future (this includes fictional countries or places!)?
6) How do you want to be remembered?
7) What keeps you motivated to keep writing?
8) Which book world do you want to live in?
9) Favourite fast food place – or do you even like fast food?
10) If you could only own one book, which book would it be?
Once again, thank you so much to Shreya for nominating me!